August 21, 2012

FB Tip: Listing your "job" as your FB author Page

One of the best ways to connect with readers is for them to find your Facebook author Page organically. Some of our first supporters are family, friends, old classmates, neighbors, co-workers, and fellow authors. Most of us all know how to invite people to "like" our Pages, but not many have their Page listed in their Profile's About section.

I'm feeling lazy today with screen shots and videos, so I'm going to attempt to write out the necessary steps to link your personal FB Profile with your author Page. If it totally bombs I'll go back to video.

First, before we do this, let's make some assumptions. One, you have a FB Profile, whether it's your personal one or for your pen name. And two, you have a FB author Page where you list yourself as an author.

1) Go to your personal profile, and click on the blue About link under your name and personal info.

See mine here

See how it says "Author at C.J. Ellisson" ? The name is highlighted in blue, indicating it is an active FB link. Clicking on it will take people to my actual author page on FB.

2) Select to edit the Work and Education box (the pencil in the upper right corner of the box).

See mine here 

3) Add your current employer by typing in the name of your author Page. It should populate and you can choose it. If it does not, try deleting the other jobs you have listed and try again.

4) If you have multiple series with their own FB pages, or work with a publisher who has a Page, and you'd like to include the info here in your About section, list them as "projects" under your author job and state the dates. You can link to them as well, like you did with your author as your job.

If you list them as separate jobs the most recent date of any "job" will be the one that populates under your name on your profile, like "Works at Avon." You'd be driving people to their Page, but not to your own, which is nice but doesn't gain you any followers.

Those cute jobs that say "Works at Writer", or "Self Employed and Lovin It", or "Romance Author" are fun, but they don't help steer people to your FB Page, which is really the whole point, right?

Hope this helps you gain some followers on your author page.

Please let me know if the steps above don't work for you and I'd be happy to help walk you through it. For one author we had to delete every old job she listed so the system could kind of "reset" and work for her.

Don't give up. I think the added step looks professional and helps your connections to realize, "no, this is not my hobby."

Cheers,
C.J.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fine way of explaining, and good article to get information concerning my
presentation subject matter, which i am going
to deliver in institution of higher education.

Here is my web site - book of ra app android

Anonymous said...

I every time spent my half an hour to read this weblog's content daily along with a cup of coffee.

Here is my web page :: sizzling hot online kostenlos spielen

Anonymous said...

Remarkable things here. I'm very happy to peer your article. Thank you a lot and I am having a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

my web blog; book of ra download chip online

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find the majority
of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
Does one offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome website!

my web site: Hardcore Sex Movies Tube

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you

My webpage www.loretohighschoollimuru.net

Anonymous said...

what to do for fatty liver what to do for fatty
liver what to do for fatty liver

My web blog: treatment of fatty liver pdf

Anonymous said...

It's really very complex in this active life to listen news on TV, therefore I simply use internet for that purpose, and obtain the latest information.

My blog post - book of ra kostenlos spielen download

Anonymous said...

This payment of 57 was documented as being used to cut off the entire country's private student loans for people access. Kodak developed the Kodak Photo CD format, which has no security panels and features but private student loans for people cafe manager is different from other search engines and typing in your general location that serve the same clientele. If in the beginning, as more and more stuff. The concept of writing quality material for the old media.

Visit my page - Student Loan People

Anonymous said...

Great article, exactly what I needed.

Also visit my weblog ... book of ra apk boerse

Anonymous said...

This site really has all of the information and facts
I wanted about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

Feel free to visit my web site; book of ra online spielen kostenlos ohne download

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is
really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from
your writing. Cheers!

Review my homepage: book of rah kostenlos spielen

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for null

My web site ... best Hair straighteners

See? Not Talkin' Out My Ass!

About this blog:

"Who the heck is this C.J. chick?"

Sure, you may not have heard of me and that's okay. I may not have heard of you either ;-) But ask yourself this one simple question -- What were you doing in January 2009 and had you ever written one word of fiction?

I can tell you where I was and what I was doing. I spent days in doctor's offices and sitting at home the rest of the time, wondering what I was going to do with my time now that my property management and Realtor business was on hold for the foreseeable future.

That's right, I never wrote a fictional piece before and I never thought I could be a writer. My background is Art, Chemistry and Business… not English, Journalism, or Creative Writing.

Now, I'm an award-winning bestselling author of contemporary fantasy. In under three years. And I have over 10,000 followers on facebook. Do you? 'Cause if you do then you probably don't need my help. ;-)

Side Note: I use an editor for all my books (several in fact), but not on my blog posts. So if you see errors, try to be nice and overlook them.

Please comment on the posts you find helpful -- I look forward to getting to know you!

Blog Visitors

Blog Visitors:

GFC Followers

Follow by Email

Search

Loading...

Interview on RRN